Looks can be deceiving...
While outwardly simple, belt drives on CRAC units are not as simple as they appear. Some problems include:
- Tendency to slip and to produce contaminating black rubber dust
- Short center distances with high belt flex rate leads to premature belt failure
- Drives are hard to access for maintenance
- Very time-consuming to re-tension rubber belts correctly
- Frequently operating above normal design temperatures for V-belts
PowerTwist Plus V-Belts & SuperTLink Wedge Belts
Climate control system downtime is just not an option!
- Increased air flow! Reduced belt slip increases air-flow and allows your CRAC units to run at optimum designed efficiency levels from the outset.
- Lasts longer than rubber V-belts! Made from a composite polyester/polyurethane material that delivers industry standard horsepower ratings. Plus, their unique construction is extremely resistant to flex fatigue.
- Elevated temperatures? No problem! No loss in performance at extreme temperatures -- from -40°C to 116°C (-40°F to 240°F).
- Fast, easy installation! Make ANY length by hand in seconds on-site then simply roll it on like a bicycle chain. No need to move motors around!
- Easy to re-tension! Simply roll it off the drive, remove a link, and roll it back on.
- Reduced dusting! No more black rubber V-belt dust, whose carbon black can short out electrical connections and is extremely difficult to remove...plus filters last longer!
T-Max V-Belt Drive Tensioners
As a factory installed option or an after-market accessory, T-Max Tensioners automatically take the slip out of your belt driven climate control system.
- Reduce maintenance costs! Cut down operating and component replacement costs due to premature belt failure. Also reduce system downtime due to periodic belt re-tensioning.
- Reduce “ladder time”! Less maintenance calls leads to less trips to the roof to work on the system.
- Reduce system noise! No more squealing through your system upon startup. Eliminate noise created by vibrations from loose belts.
- Increase energy efficiency! Rotary spring loaded design maintains correct drive belt tension automatically, eliminating slip and torque losses associated with loose fitting V-belts.
- Easy belt installation! Allows V-belt to be installed without tools and without moving drive components.
Peak unit performance...
Install these upgrades from Fenner Drives today and you'll immediately start seeing:
- Improved CRAC unit operating efficiency
- Improved air flow and therefore improved temperature control
- Increased CRAC unit reliability and up-time
- Reduced maintenance costs associated with service time
- Longer belt life