Best Suited For: Any power transmission application designed to use a classical B/17/5L section antistatic rubber V belt, such as fuel transfer pumps. Also ideal for conveying applications that frequently have issues with static electricity, such as glass and solar cell manufacturing.
Have an application where static electricity is getting you all charged up? Fenner Drives’ patented PowerTwist Antistatic is the answer… with all the benefits of standard PowerTwist along with the best antistatic properties of any V belt on the market, easily passing the ISO 1813:1998 standard. While the standard allows the resistance of the drive belt to be as high as 3.6 mega ohms (3,600,000 ohms), PowerTwist Antistatic typically registers well below 50 ohms, while even the best so called antistatic (static conductive) rubber belts usually measure between a shocking 10,000-200,000 ohms. Unlike antistatic rubber V belts whose antistatic properties may be adversely affected by humidity levels, environmental conditions and wear, PowerTwist Antistatic’s proprietary construction allows the belt’s antistatic properties to perform in the harshest conditions. PowerTwist Plus Antistatic is a drop-in replacement for classical section V belts.
• 100% ISO 1813:1998 inspected and certified by Fenner Drives
• Ultralow resistance antistatic V belt
• Antistatic properties unaffected by humidity levels
• Electric Blue color for easy identification
• US Patents 7,621,114 and 7,950,213
PowerTwist Plus Antistatic can't be outperformed! PowerTwist Antistatic sets the standard for link V belt longevity and durability. Other brands don't come close. The combination of high strength and low elongation under load simply cannot be beaten. Because they're made of a custom-designed, high-tech polyurethane/polyester composite, PowerTwist Antistatic V belts won't fail you when others may. The result? Less downtime. Higher productivity. Reduced maintenance costs.
• Antistatic industrial workhorse
• Minimized maintenance time
• High performance polyester/polyurethane composite technology with the same horsepower ratings as conventional rubber V-belts
• Easy to inventory
• Offer problem solving alternatives to V-belts of classical cross-sections
• Drop-in permanent upgrade for conventional endless rubber V-belts
The right belt at the right time! Instead of trying to carry all the endless V belt sizes you might need, with PowerTwist Antistatic, you only need to stock the most common cross sections - A/13/4L and B/17/5L and you'll have almost 100%, on-site availability guaranteed. With PowerTwist Antistatic you will reduce the inventory dollars that you have tied up in replacement V belts and still have instant availability.
• Perfectly suited to A/13/4L, and B/17/5L drives
• Reduced inventory… any belt, any time!
No tools required. No matter what equipment you are operating, productivity is critical. PowerTwist Antistatic V Belts minimize downtime with no tools required and has easy installation in minutes without machine tear-downs or struggling with rusted-down motor bases.
PowerTwist Antistatic V Belts have the same cross section dimensions as conventional endless V-belts and can be installed on existing pulleys with no changes in set-up.
Single or matched V belt sets can be made with a flick of the wrist! PowerTwist Antistatic V Belts can be made up to required length by hand in seconds and rolled onto the drive just like a bicycle chain. Their custom multi-ply composite construction prevents roll-on damage. If conventional rubber V belts are installed this way, almost certainly some of the load-bearing tension cords will be broken, leading to significantly reduced belt life.
• Easier, faster installation
• Easily installed without dismantling drive components
• Make any length by hand in seconds without any tools
• Simplified drive design
Tame hostile environments If your V belt drives are operating in hostile, nasty environments, you've got to take advantage of the high performance properties of polyurethanes. That's why we use a high performance polyurethane elastomer reinforced with multiple plies of polyester fabric for PowerTwist Antistatic. This custom material provides PowerTwist Antistatic with significantly superior resistance to oils, grease, water, and the most common industrial/agricultural chemicals and solvents. Plus an operating temperature range, with no loss of performance, of -40º F to +240º F. Conventional SBR/chloroprene brand V belts simply can't compete.
If your drive environment is like hell's kitchen and conventional V belt life is down to a few months, PowerTwist Drive Antistatic may be your long term answer.
• Longer belt life in harsh operating conditions
• Unaffected by extreme temperatures, water, steam, oil, grease, and common industrial chemicals and solvents
Reduce transmitted vibration. All conventional V belts with a continuous tensile cord will transmit vibrations from the motor to driveN components; these vibrations cause system noise and can significantly shorten bearing life. The segmented twist-lock design of PowerTwist Antistatic acts as a vibration dampener - vibration can enter a link but cannot be transmitted as there is no continuous tension cord present. Save your bearings - fit PowerTwist Antistatic V-belts!
• unique belt construction dampens transmitted motor vibrations, extending the bearing life and reducing noise levels
• high resistance to abrasion and shock loads
RoHS 2002/95/EC Directive compliant.