Best Suited For: Any power transmission application designed to use classical D/32 section industrial rubber V-belts. Also ideal for conveying applications designed for D/32 section belts.
PowerTwist can't be outperformed! PowerTwist sets the standard for link V belt longevity and durability. Other brands don't come close. The combination of high strength and low elongation under load simply cannot be beaten. Because they're made of a custom-designed, high-tech polyurethane/polyester composite, PowerTwist Plus V Belts won't fail you when others may. The result? Less downtime. Higher productivity. Reduced maintenance costs.
• Everyday industrial workhorse
• Minimized maintenance time
• High performance polyester/polyurethane composite technology with the same horsepower ratings as conventional rubber V-belts
• Easy to inventory
• Offer problem solving alternatives to V-belts of classical cross-sections
• Drop-in permanent upgrade for conventional endless rubber V belts
The right belt at the right time! Instead of trying to carry all the endless V belt sizes you might need, with PowerTwist, you only need to stock the most common cross sections - 3L, 4L/A, 5L/B, C and D - and you'll have almost 100%, on-site availability guaranteed. With PowerTwist you will reduce the inventory dollars you have tied up in replacement V belts and still have instant availability.
• Perfectly suited to Z/10, 3L, A/13, B/17, C/22, and D/32 drives
• Reduced inventory… any belt, any time!
No tools required. No matter what equipment you are operating, productivity is critical. PowerTwist V-Belts minimize downtime with no tools required, easy installation in minutes without machine tear-downs or struggling with rusted-down motor bases.
PowerTwist V Belts have the same cross section dimensions as conventional endless V-belts and can be installed on existing pulleys with no changes in set-up.
Single or matched V-belt sets can be made with a flick of the wrist! PowerTwist V Belts can be made up to required length by hand in seconds and rolled onto the drive just like a bicycle chain. Their custom multi-ply composite construction prevents roll-on damage. If conventional rubber V-belts are installed this way, almost certainly some of the load-bearing tension cords will be broken, leading to significantly reduced belt life.
• Easier, faster installation
• Easily installed without dismantling drive components
• Make any length by hand in seconds without any tools
• Simplified drive design
Tame hostile environments If your V belt drives are operating in hostile, nasty environments, you've got to take advantage of the high performance properties of polyurethanes. That's why we use a high performance polyurethane elastomer reinforced with multiple plies of polyester fabric for PowerTwist. This custom material provides PowerTwist with significantly superior resistance to oils, grease, water, most common industrial/agricultural chemicals and solvents. Plus an operating temperature range, with no loss of performance, of -40º F to +240º F. Conventional SBR/chloroprene brand V-belts simply can't compete.
If your drive environment is like hell's kitchen and conventional V-belt life is down to a few months, PowerTwist may be your long term answer.
• Longer belt life in harsh operating conditions
• Unaffected by extreme temperatures, water, steam, oil, grease, and common industrial chemicals and solvents
Reduce transmitted vibration. All conventional V-belts with a continuous tensile cord will transmit vibrations from the motor to driven components; these vibrations cause system noise and can significantly shorten bearing life. The segmented twist-lock design of PowerTwist acts as a vibration dampener - vibration can enter a link but cannot be transmitted as there is no continuous tension cord present. Save your bearings - fit PowerTwist V-belts!
• unique belt construction dampens transmitted motor vibrations, extending the bearing life and reducing noise levels
• high resistance to abrasion and shock loads
RoHS 2002/95/EC Directive compliant.