There are few people who are driven to sell. Matt Harris is one of them. He started in inside sales but had eyes on becoming an outside salesman from the get-go. His passion to sell evident and he was fast-tracked towards and outside sales job. Now a Sales Manager, Matt just celebrated his 5th year anniversary at Fenner Drives.
Matt’s latest role gives him sales responsibility for our National Bearings line of products. His job is to grow the sales of our custom bearings in addition to our composite product offerings. Over the years he has developed relationships with some of our large OEMS striving to grow business, while maintaining his goals with our Regional Sales Mangers in North America. Matt loves what our Fenner Drives products offer clarifying, “Each time I make a sale I feel like it’s a success with a customer by helping them solve their problems.”
An important aspect of Matt’s work involves our manufacturing reps and our distributors. He educates these partners on new products as well as how to effectively take our products to market. This piece of selling our products is essential. He explains earnestly, “All of the products in our portfolio at Fenner Precision Polymers provide solutions when integrated properly.” So, it is critical to work with our partners regarding product knowledge.
Matt’s focus on growth has led to some big accomplishments within Fenner Drives. Here are some of his biggest to-date:
- CASI - Closed the largest single sale in Fenner Drives history. ($750K)
- Schreiber Foods - Converted their entire RVB inventory to POWERTWIST, working to duplicate at 16 other plant locations. ($30K annual)
- DR Trimmers - Worked with Engineering to spec in our Composite Pulleys and POWERTWIST on two new products. ($50K annual)
- Wendt - Worked with Engineering to incorporate our B-LOC on their equipment ($15K annual)
- Purvis - Traveled to Texas one week a month for one year to help improve sales. (grew $100K in 12months)
- IGE Glass - Opened this new account through pro-active calling ($40k annual)
- GEA - Reclaimed business lost to an overseas competitor. After regaining the business, he was able to cross sell additional products. ($100K)
- Continental Building Products - Won business at the NY plant using our Cost Savings Program. This led to other plant conversions ($120K)
It’s should be obvious by now that Matt is driven to grow Fenner Drives business. But with that drive there needs to be downtime and Matt enjoys this too. He spends his off days with his wife, Erin, and their daughter, Ella, who will turn 3 on June 30th.
Matt is a self-professed redneck who loves to hunt for Whitetail deer with his bow or rifle in the Fall and fish for bass and trout in the Spring. During the summer, he enjoys kayaking with family and friends. He is a proud member of the Mifflintown Lions Club Association and a Master Mason 32nd Degree.
Matt mixes his passions well, whether he lands a trout in the spring or a large account for Fenner Drives he’s driven either way.