Best Suited For: Applications needing to connect a hollow shaft over a solid shaft. Commonly used on hollow output shaft gear boxes or flange couplings.
B-LOC SD10 Series 155-10 Shrink Discs are external locking devices that provide a zero-backlash frictional connection that will never wear or pound out and can accommodate high-torque, thrust, bending, and/or radial loads. The SD10 Series Shrink Discs are also extremely concentric and maintain a well-balanced mechanical interference fit. There is no axial movement during installation of this product.
• Extremely concentric and well-balanced mechanical interference fit
• No axial movement during installation
Features of Fenner Drives Keyless Bushings:
• Ability to transmit high torques
• True zero-backlash
• Less equipment downtime
• Ability to mount over existing keyways
• Complete axial and radial adjustability
• Simple installation, adjustment and removal
All Fenner Drives keyless locking devices operate using the simple wedge principle. An axial force is applied- by either a hex nut (Trantorque) or a series of annular screws (B-LOC)- to engage circular steel rings with mating tapers. The resulting wedge action creates a radial force on the tapered rings, one of which contracts to squeeze the shaft while the other expands and presses into the component bore.