The High Performance Keyless Rigid Coupling for Shaft Mounted Drives
Mounting motors and speed reducers can be an expensive and challenging task, fabricating structurally sound foundations and incorporating flexible couplings to deal with shaft misalignment issues. Even when the engineering is done and the money spent, your troubles are not over. There are issues associated with assembling the entire system in the field, not to mention the ongoing need to replace worn flexible coupling elements and pounded out keyways. And forget about getting the mounted drive apart for service once the flexible coupling hubs have fretted and corroded to the shaft. That is, unless you are using a B-LOC WK Rigid Coupling by Fenner Drives.
WK Rigid Couplings are external keyless locking devices that simultaneously transmit high torques and bending moments that allow your drive to be overhung shaft mounted. By using a B-LOC WK Rigid Coupling and a simple torque arm (to prevent the mounted drive from rotating), you completely eliminate the need for structural foundations since the drive hangs off the end of the shaft. As a result of this ingenious system, shaft alignment issues are gone and consumable flexible coupling elements a thing of the past.
Download the latest information and learn how a flour milling facility is saving thousands using B-LOC WK Couplings. Check out our interactive cost savings chart to calculate your plant's potential savings!
Advantages of B-LOC WK Couplings:
- Keyless, rigid, zero backlash coupling
- Transmits high torque and bending moments
- Eliminates the need for costly mounting brackets and structural support
- Compact, double taper design with self-releasing tapers for easy removal
- Exceptional concentricity
- Installs right over existing keyways and splines
- Not affected by shock or reversing loads
- Easily accommodates shaft sizes, both inch and metric, up to 4 1/4" (108mm)
- Allows coupling of different shaft sizes
- Custom shaft combinations available with quick turnaround!
Like all B-LOC products, the mechanical shrink fit will never wear out, disassembles easily for service and is truly a zero backlash connection.
Please view page 55 of our product catalog to see the full line of WK Couplings.
To purchase B-LOC WK Couplings, please contact our Customer Support Department at 800-243-3374 (+1-717-665-2421) or by email and we will be happy to assist you!