Best Suited For: Applications that require a recessed installation of the bushing, but can accommodate some axial movement of the mounted component relative to the shaft during tightening.
B-LOC B103 Series 2-1/2” Keyless Bushing provides a zero-backlash frictional connection that will never wear or pound out and can accommodate high-torque, thrust, bending, and/or radial loads. Their shallow, single taper design with integrated push-off threads maintains exceptional concentricity and the ability to transmit bending loads. Since the B-LOC B103 Series Keyless Bushings do not have a flange, the external diameter along the unit’s entire length is the same, therefore allowing the unit to be completely inserted into the component bore for flushed or recessed mounting. The B103 Series also has limited axial movement during installation and is RoHS compliant.
• Shallow, single taper design with integrated push-off threads
• Exceptional concentricity and ability to transmit bending loads
• Limited axial movement during installation
• Recessed installation without the need for a counterbore
• RoHS compliant
Note: Flange of B103 Series Keyless Bushing should be located inside of hub bore.
Features of Fenner Drives Keyless Bushings:
• Ability to transmit higher torques
• True zero-backlash
• Less equipment downtime
• Ability to mount over existing keyways
• Complete axial and radial adjustability
• Simple installation, adjustment and removal
All Fenner Drives keyless locking devices operate using the simple wedge principle. An axial force is applied- by either a hex nut (Trantorque) or a series of annular screws (B-LOC)- to engage circular steel rings with mating tapers. The resulting wedge action creates a radial force on the tapered rings, one of which contracts to squeeze the shaft while the other expands and presses into the component bore.