Best Suited For: Applications where the speed and simplicity of installation and repositioning of a Trantorque are critical and the application cannot accommodate any axial movement. Often used in conjunction with a Trantorque GT or Trantorque Mini to mount rollers. (Use a Trantorque GT or Trantorque Mini on one end and a Trantorque NT on the other)
The Trantorque NT (non-traversing) Series 1” Keyless Bushing provides a zero-backlash frictional connection that will never wear or pound out and can accommodate high-torque, thrust, bending, and/or radial loads. Fenner Drives designed this product specifically to eliminate axial movement during installation while maintaining exceptional concentricity and the ability to accommodate bending loads. All Trantorque units use a single hex nut for speed and simplicity of installation.
• Designed specifically to eliminate axial movement completely during installation
• Exceptional concentricity and ability to accommodate bending loads
• All Trantorque units use a single hex nut for speed and simplicity of installation
Features of Fenner Drives Keyless Bushings:
• Ability to transmit higher torques than keyed connections
• True zero-backlash
• Less equipment downtime
• Ability to mount over existing keyways
• Complete axial and radial adjustability
• Simple installation, adjustment and removal
All Fenner Drives keyless locking devices operate using the simple wedge principle. An axial force is applied- by either a hex nut (Trantorque) or a series of annular screws (B-LOC)- to engage circular steel rings with mating tapers. The resulting wedge action creates a radial force on the tapered rings, one of which contracts to squeeze the shaft while the other expands and presses into the component bore.