Donna Pepper has moved up through the company over her 30 years with Fenner Drives. She, currently, works in our Quality department in Wilmington, NC. Donna describes her primary responsibility, “I perform incoming product inspections and random process/product audits throughout manufacturing. This includes use of all the inspection equipment.”
Her other responsibilities include:
- Document control coordinator of ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- Analyze and process customer returns and make appropriate disposition.
- Calibrate and maintain 300+ gages to comply with Fenner Drives calibration procedures and NIST standards. (Calipers, micrometers, gage pins, height gages, etc.)
- Create and document Work Instructions for inspection and testing equipment.
- Process Engineering Changes.
- Work with the Kan Ban System to ensure the orders are fulfilled.
Donna started at Fenner Drives in 1989, and since that time has moved through the company filling many different roles: shipping/receiving, operating various injection molding machines, a CNC machine, assembly machine operator, receiving clerk, and shipping clerk until landing in her current position in Quality Assurance.
“Some people might not know that I worked here with my mother for 18 years until she retired. I consider myself very fortunate to have worked here for 30 years. The best part of my job is the people I work with, we cheer each other on in good times and support each other through the bad times. They are like my second family.”
Donna’s home life is very content and unassuming. She explains, “I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 35 years. We have three children and one granddaughter, and two very spoiled dogs. I enjoy walks on the beach, riding bikes, shopping and reading a good book. Two of her children live in Georgia so if she is not around her home it is a good bet she is visiting them. She remembers fondly her vacation with her sisters and daughter to Hawaii and describes it as everything she thought it would be and more.
Next time you see Donna take the time to ask her about her family or pick her brain about some of Fenner Drives’ history in Wilmington.